This white wine comes in a 1.5-litre bottle, a feature that makes it perfect for a long ageing period in your home cellar.
Harvested by hand, the grapes were selected and macerated undestemmed for two days.
Then 70% of the wine was fermented on its lees in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 30% was fermented in new French oak barrels for 3 months.
After that, the wine was blended and aged for a further months in the cellar prior to its commercial release.
We suggest that you decant the white wine Acústic Magnum 20 minutes before you drink it.
Drink now until 2020+.
Pale wax colour with some greenish tinges and a steely rim.
Explosive notes of white fruit, some remembrances of tropical fruit and touches of citrus, garrigue, flowers, wet earth and mineral.
This Spanish white wine has a remarkable structure and an excellent balance. Fresh and unctuous, displaying flavours of white fruit and tropical fruit, some smokey hints and some spicy and balsamic undertones. Tense acidity and long, silky, mineral finish.
|Our personal opinion||
Acústic Blanc 2015 Màgnum is one of the best white wines produced in Montsant.
|Bottle size||1,5 l|
|Should this wine be decanted?||20 minutes before serving|
|Does this wine follow the guidelines of biodynamic Farming?||No|
|Is this product free of sulfites?||No|
|Ageing||Fermented in Barrel|
|Type of ageing||Months in French oak barrels|
|Number of months aged in Barrels||3|
|Name of Award||No|
|Percentage of variety||Garnacha Blanca, Macabeo, Pansal y Garnacha Roja.|
|Pairings||Baked whitefish, bluefish, Boullabaise, Cod, Fish and gravey, Rosted piglet, Smoked foods|
|Taste||Dry and aromatic, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes|
|Occasion||A special occasion, To bring to an engagement|
Impressive white wine. Great local character, very authentic, lots of drinking pleasure.