(0)

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Previous

Bollinger R.D 2004

Availability: In stock

€188.60

Bollinger R.D 2004

Characteristics

  • Gran Milléssimé. 96 meses en botella.
  • Bottle size:
  • 75 cl
  • Percentage of Alcohol:
  • 12

Score

P 97
Parker Score 97
96
Enterwine Score 96
97
Media rating 97

Availability: In stock

€188.60
-+

Details

The highly exclusive, world-class Bollinger R.D is made from a blend of 66% Pinot Noir and 34% Chardonnay.

A 88% of the grapes used to produce this Vintage Champagne come from Grand Cru vineyards. The remaining 12% were selected among the best Premier Cru plots.

The base wine was fermented in old French oak barrels previously used to age Chardonnay wines.

Then this Champagne by the Maison Bollinger was bottled and aged in the cellar for 96 months.

The letters R. D. mean "Récemment dégorgé" (recently disgorged). Thus, if we wish we can keep Bollinger R.D 2004 and age it in our cellar for a minimum of 10-12 years.

 

Additional Information

Appearance

This Champagne from Reims has a pale, clean yellow colour with some grey tinges.

Nose

Fabulously refined, this blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is really in a class of its own. Bollinger R. D suggests aromas of sugar-coated white fruit, apple compote, quince jelly and honey, nicely underpinned by some extremely subtle, understated notes of toast, aniseed, nutmeg, cocoa shell and withered flowers.

Palate

Breathtakingly elegant and seductive, this Champagne by Maison Bollinger has real complexity, with focus and a great confidence. Caressing bubbles, exceptional acidity and a kaleidoscopic complexity which would be painful reducing to words. Endless, dreamy finish.

Our personal opinion

A monument of a wine, Bollinger R.D 2004 is amazingly deep and exhilarating.

OTHER VINTAGES

Bollinger R.D. 2002:

Enterwine 96. Parker 92.

Year 2004
Type of Sparkling Wine Extra Brut
Denomination of Origin (DO) Champagne
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 9-11ºC
Does this wine follow the guidelines of biodynamic Farming? No
Organic No
Is this product free of sulfites? No
Ageing Gran Milléssimé
Number of months aged in the bottle 96
Parker Score 97
Peñin Score No
Our Score 96
Media rating 97
Other guides No
Name of Award No
Mono-Varietal No
Percentage of variety Pinot Noir 66%, Chardonnay 34%.
Pairings Alone, Baked whitefish, Boullabaise, Caviar, Curred fish, Fish and gravey, Foie Gras, Grilled fish, Oysters, Soup and rice, Stew, Whitefish salads
Taste Complex and Elegant, Creamy with fine bubbles, Very intense and inky
Occasion A special occasion, Because you deserve it, Romantic Dinner
  1. Dreamy review by Averell Harriman on 3/22/2019
    Value

    The stuff of bourgeois dreams. Satin sheets, Hollywood movies, Mancini music, Cortina d'Ampezzo, St. Tropez... Let's drink to the impossible life!!

  2. Amazed by it review by Keith Jagger on 10/30/2018
    Value

    World-class sparkler. It will live 10-15 years more.

Write Your Own Review

How do you rate this product? *

  1 star 2 stars 3 stars 4 stars 5 stars
Value