Cava Ars Collecta Blanc de Blancs 2017

Cava Brut Gran Reserva. Blend of Chardonnay, Xarel·lo and Parellada aged for a minimum of 35 months.

Gran Reserva. 35 meses en botella.
Percentage of Alcohol: 11.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
Grapes Varieties: Chardonnay, Parellada, Xarel·lo,
Wineries: Codorníu
ñ 92 92 92

Availability: In stock

Product Description

Produced by Codorniu, Ars Collecta Blanc de Blancs is an interesting Spanish sparkling wine.

The backbone of this Cava Brut Gran Reserva is Chardonnay (85% of the blend), coming from vineyards located in Costers del Segre, an area with a Continental climate. The other 15% is divided between Xarel·lo from Penedès, and Parellada from Pla de Manelleu.

Each variety was meticulously harvested at dusk at the beginning of August and separately vinified. Alcoholic fermentation was carried out in stainless steel tanks, and then this Cava belonging to Codorniu's Ars Collecta collection was bottled to complete secondary fermentation.

After that, Ars Collecta Blanc de Blancs 2017 was aged for a minimum of 35 months before its commercial release.

Complex, fresh and age-worthy, this Blanc de Blancs can perfectly accompany a full course dinner. It is also excellent with fruit desserts.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The Cava Ars Collecta Blanc de Blancs is medium yelllow with some golden glints.


Delicately toasted and gently creamy, this blend of Chardonnay, Xarel·lo and Parellada suggests aromas of peach, puff pastry, dry fruit and fine lees, with subtle remembrances of aromatic herbs and flowers.


Well-balanced and fresh, this cava from Cordoniu has a smooth texture and a crisp, lively acidity. Savoury and textured, with small bubbles and a long, buttery finish with a fruity aftertaste.

Our personal opinion

A wise buy, Ars Collecta Blanc de Blancs 2017 is both delicious and reasonably priced.

Year 2017
Type of Sparkling Wine Brut
Denomination of Origin (DO) Cava
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 7-9ºC
Ageing Gran Reserva
Number of months aged in the bottle 35
Peñin Score 92
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 92
Name of Award Decanter 2021 - Silver Medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2021 - Silver Medal. The Drinks Business Spring Tasting 2021 - Gold Medal. Bacchus 2021 - Bacchus de Oro.
Percentage of variety Chardonnay 85%, Xarel·lo y Parellada 15%.
Pairings Alone, Aperitif, Baked whitefish, Cod, Cold meats, Combination of all types of foods, Cream pastries, Eggs, Foie Gras, Fruit cake, Fruit pastries, Grilled fish, Grilled lamb, Grilled vegitables, Grilled whitefish, Lite cakes, Oriental cuisine, Pica Pica, Rice with fish, Roasted chicken, Roasted fish, Roasted red meats, Roasted white meats, Sushi, White meat with gravy
Taste Complex and Elegant, Fine bubbles and Fresh, Very intense and inky
Occasion A special occasion, Because you deserve it, Business dinner, Family reunion, Reunion with colleagues, Romantic Dinner
1 Review
Smooth and quite refined, with small bubbles.
Review by (Posted on 28 December 2021)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star