White Wine Cullerot 2019

White wine from Valencia aged in clay amphorae. Blend of Pedro Ximénez, Macabeo, Verdil, Malvasía, Merseguera and Chardonnay.

On lees. 5 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 12.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Valencia
Wineries: Celler del Roure
91 91

Availability: In stock

€9.00
Product Description
Details

In the still not so well known wine region of Valencia, the Celler del Roure winery, headed by winemaker Pablo Calatayud, is pioneering the recovery of long-forgotten indigenous grape varieties.

A fine example of that task, Cullerot is made from Pedro Ximénez, Macabeo, Verdil, Malvasía, Merseguera and Chardonnay.

Handpicked, carefully selected and destemmed, the grapes were separately vinified.

First, 80% of them were gently crushed, while the other 20% were macerated with their skins for 5 days. Alcoholic fermentation of this Spanish white wine took place in buried clay amphorae and stainless steel tanks, always in contact with the lees. The wine was blended before finishing fermentation and then aged for 5 months.

After that, Cullerot 2019 was racked, put back into the amphorae, and aged for a further 5 months before its bottling.

Production of 50,000 bottles.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The white wine Cullerot has a clean, bright, yellow colour with golden tinges.

Nose

Fresh notes of white fruit, along with notions of white flowers and herbs. This interesting white wine from Valencia also suggests some remembrances of garrigue over a subtle mineral background.

Palate

Fresh and savoury, but with a slightly unctuous, creamy feeling due to the lees ageing. This white wine of Celler del Roure has a good balance between the fruity notes and the floral and mineral notions. Crisp acidity and long finish with pleasant remembrances of citrus.

Our personal opinion

A highly characteristic blend of indigenous grape varieties, the white wine Cullerot 2019 really deserves a try.

OTHER VINTAGES

Cullerot 2018:

Enterwine 91. Parker 91. Peñín 91.

Cullerot 2017:

Enterwine 90. Peñín 91.

Cullerot 2016:

Parker 91. Enterwine 92.

Cullerot 2015:

Peñín 91. Parker 90.

Cullerot 2014:

Enterwine 91.

Year 2019
Type White
D.O. Valencia
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 7-8ºC
Ageing On lees
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 5
Enterwine's Score 91
Media rating 91
Percentage of variety Pedro Ximénez 30%, Macabeo 30%, Verdil 10%, Malvasía 10%, Merseguera 10%, Chardonnay10%.
Pairings Alone, Baked whitefish, bluefish, Fish and gravey, Fish and vegitables, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Oriental cuisine, Pasta with fish, Rice with fish, Roasted chicken, Smoked foods, Soup and rice, Sushi, White meat with gravy, Whitefish salads
Taste Dry and aromatic, Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense
Occasion Because you deserve it, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, To bring to an engagement
Reviews
2 Reviews
good white
Value
I like this wine. Quite original, with an interestingly bitter twist.
Review by (Posted on 21 August 2018)
CUllerot
Value
Very interesting white wine from Valencia, made from some indigenous grapes I knew nothing about. Straightforward and yummy, with a Mediterranean flair but without overripeness.
Review by (Posted on 24 October 2017)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value