White Wine Cullerot 2021

Young white wine from Valencia. Blend of Pedro Ximénez, Macabeo, Verdil, Malvasía, Merseguera and Chardonnay vinified in clay vessels.

On lees. 6 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 12.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Valencia
Wineries: Celler del Roure
P 92 91 92

Availability: In stock

€9.00
Product Description
Details

Bodega Celler del Roure, headed by winemaker Pablo Calatayud, is pioneering the recovery of long-forgotten indigenous grape varieties in the region of Valencia.

A fine example of that effort is Cullerot, made from a blend of Pedro Ximénez, Macabeo, Verdil, Malvasía, Merseguera and Chardonnay.

The grapes were handpicked, carefully selected and destemmed. Then 80% of them were gently crushed, while the other 20% were macerated with the skins for 5 days.

The alcoholic fermentation of this Spanish white wine was carried out in buried clay vessels and stainless steel tanks, always in contact with the lees. This white wine from Valencia wine was racked and blended before finishing fermentation.

After that, Cullerot 2021 was put back into the vessels and aged for 6 months

50,000 bottles produced.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The white wine Cullerot is deep straw with golden tinges.

Nose

Fresh notes of white fruit, with notions of white flowers, lime and herbs. This blend of Pedro Ximénez, Macabeo, Verdil, Malvasía, Merseguera and Chardonnay also suggests remembrances of garrigue over a subtle mineral background.

Palate

This white wine from  Celler del Roure is crisp and slightly creamy, with good balance and a lively acidity. Long finish with a note of citrus, flowers and balsam.

Our personal opinion

A highly characteristic blend of indigenous and international grape varieties, the white wine Cullerot 2021 really deserves a try.

OTHER VINTAGES

Cullerot 2019:

Enterwine 91.

Cullerot 2018:

Enterwine 91. Parker 91. Peñín 91.

Cullerot 2017:

Enterwine 90. Peñín 91.

Cullerot 2016:

Parker 91. Enterwine 92.

Cullerot 2015:

Peñín 91. Parker 90.

Cullerot 2014:

Enterwine 91.

Year 2021
Type White
D.O. Valencia
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 7-8ºC
Ageing On lees
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 6
Parker's Score 92
Enterwine's Score 91
Media rating 92
Percentage of variety Pedro Ximénez 30%, Macabeo 30%, Verdil 10%, Malvasía 10%, Merseguera 10%, Chardonnay10%.
Pairings Alone, Baked whitefish, bluefish, Fish and gravey, Fish and vegitables, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Oriental cuisine, Pasta with fish, Rice with fish, Roasted chicken, Smoked foods, Soup and rice, Sushi, White meat with gravy, Whitefish salads
Taste Dry and aromatic, Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense
Occasion Because you deserve it, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, To bring to an engagement
Reviews
2 Reviews
good white
Value
I like this wine. Quite original, with an interestingly bitter twist.
Review by (Posted on 21 August 2018)
CUllerot
Value
Very interesting white wine from Valencia, made from some indigenous grapes I knew nothing about. Straightforward and yummy, with a Mediterranean flair but without overripeness.
Review by (Posted on 24 October 2017)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value