Red Wine Maius Assemblage 2017

Crianza red wine from Priorat. Blend of Grenache, Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon aged in French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks.

Crianza. 8 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 14.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Priorat
Wineries: Maius Viticultors
P 91 ñ 90 92 91

Availability: In stock

€10.90
Product Description
Details

Produced in beautiful Priorat, the main ingredient of Maius Assemblage is Grenache, complemented with Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon. All the grapes were sorted from vines planted in rocky and slate soils in an area called Barranc de la Bruixa, in the village of La Morera del Montsant.

Harvested by hand, once in the cellar the grapes were destemmed, gently pressed and macerated with the skins in stainless steel tanks. This Spanish red wine was then fermented at a controlled temperature for 10 days, with daily punch-downs and two overall pump-overs. Then 20% Maius Assemblage 2017 was transferred and aged for 8 months in French oak barrels, after which it went back into the tanks, where it was aged until bottling time. The remaining 80% of the wine was not aged in oak, in order to preserve the fruity character of the wine.  

We suggest that you aerate this Crianza red wine 10 minutes before drinking.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The wine Maius Assemblage has an intense cherry colour with some bluish reflections.

Nose

Fruit-forward, as one might expect from a blend defined by Grenache, and nuanced by Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon. Mild spicy and toasted notes, with a dash of herbs and some mineral undertones.

Palate

Smooth and well-mannered, this red wine of Bodega Maius Viticultors carries loads of red fruit (cranberries, redcurrants), with a note of Mediterranean herbs and an earthy stroke. Crisp acidity and round tannins which carry the wine up to a mineral finish, typical of the Priorat wines.

Our personal opinion

Pair the savoury Maius Assemblage 2017 with cold cuts, casseroles or red meat recipes and you will not be disappointed.

Year 2017
Type Red
D.O. Priorat
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 16-18ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 20 minutes before serving
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 8
Parker's Score 91
Peñin Score 90
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 91
Other guides Wine Spectator 91.
Percentage of variety Garnacha 65%, Cariñena 20%, Cabernet Sauvignon 15%
Pairings bluefish, Cold meats, Cow´s cheese, Grilled lamb, Grilled red meats, Grilled vegitables, Mushrooms, Pasta with red sauce and meat, Paté, Poultry, Rice with meat, Roasted chicken, Roasted foods, Roasted lamb, Roasted red meats, Stuffed Chicken, Vegetables, Vegetables
Taste Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Appetizer, Because you can, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, To bring to an engagement
Reviews
0 Reviews
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value