Red Wine Maius Assemblage 2020

Crianza red wine from Priorat. Blend of Grenache, Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon aged for 8 months in French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks.

Crianza. 8 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 14.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Priorat
91 91

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: €10.90

Special Price €9.90

Product Description

Produced in beautiful Priorat, the main ingredient of Maius Assemblage is Grenache, complemented with Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon. All the grapes were sorted from certified organic vines planted in rocky and slate soils in an area called Barranc de la Bruixa, in the village of La Morera del Montsant.

Harvested by hand, once in the cellar the grapes were destemmed, gently pressed and macerated with the skins in stainless steel tanks. This Spanish red wine of Maius Viticultorswas then fermented at a controlled temperature for 10 days, with daily punch-downs and two overall pump-overs.

After that, 20% of Maius Assemblage 2020 was transferred and aged for 8 months in French oak barrels, after which it went back into the tanks, where it was aged until bottling time. The remaining 80% of the wine was not aged in oak, in order to preserve the fruity character of the wine.  

We suggest that you aerate this Crianza red wine at least 20 minutes before drinking.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The red wine Maius Assemblage is medium ruby with some bluish reflections.


Fruit-forward, as one might expect from a blend defined by Grenache, and nuanced by Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon. Mild spicy and toasted notes, with a dash of herbs and some mineral undertones.


Smooth and well-mannered, this red wine of Bodega Maius Viticultors carries loads of red fruit (cranberries, redcurrants), with a note of Mediterranean herbs and an earthy stroke. Crisp acidity, round tannins and a mineral finish.

Our personal opinion

Pair the savoury Maius Assemblage 2020 with cold cuts, casseroles or red meat recipes and you will not be disappointed.


Maius Assemblage 2018:

Enterwine 92. Guía Peñín 90.

Maius Assemblage 2017:

Enterwine 92. Parker 91. Guía Peñín 90. Wine Spectator 91.

Year 2020
Type Red
D.O. Priorat
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 16-18ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 20 minutes before serving
Organic Yes
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 8
Enterwine's Score 91
Media rating 91
Percentage of variety Garnacha 45%, Cariñena 30%, Cabernet Sauvignon 25%
Pairings bluefish, Cold meats, Cow´s cheese, Grilled lamb, Grilled red meats, Grilled vegitables, Mushrooms, Pasta with red sauce and meat, Paté, Poultry, Rice with meat, Roasted chicken, Roasted foods, Roasted lamb, Roasted red meats, Stuffed Chicken, Vegetables, Vegetables
Taste Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Appetizer, Because you can, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, To bring to an engagement
1 Review
good value
Excellent Priorat to drink on a budget. Better than Les Cousins, imo.
Review by (Posted on 31 August 2021)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star