White Wine Nisia 2017

Varietal Verdejo from Rueda vinified in steel tanks and wooden barrels.
Crianza. 8 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 13º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Rueda
Grapes Varieties: Verdejo,
Wineries: Bodegas Ordóñez
93 93
Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock

Availability: Out of stock

Regular Price: €9.20

Special Price €8.60

Product Description

This is the new vintage of Nisia, an interesting expression of the Verdejo grape crafted by Bodegas Ordóñez. The 2017 vintage, incidentally, was an excellent one.

It is made from old vines located at an altitude of 950 metres above sea level. Soils are composed of sand and rocks and have extremely low levels of organic matter.

Manually harvested and selected both at the vineyard and in the cellar, 40% of this Verdejo from Rueda was fermented in stainless steel tanks, where it was also aged for 8 months on its lees. The remaining 60% was fermented in French oak barrels and aged on its lees for the same time with periodic stirrings.

Finally, Nisia 2017 was blended and further aged for a brief period of time prior to its bottling.

Drink this white wine from Rueda from now to 2022.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The white wine Nisia has a clean, bright, pale yellow colour with golden tinges.


Well-defined and seductive, this white wine by Jorge Ordóñez shows some primary aromas of white and yellow fruit, aromatic herbs and some touches of tropical fruit and dry earth.


This old-vines Verdejo is intense and creamy, evoking notions of exotic fruit and yellow fruit, some mineral undertones and remembrances of aromatic herbs. A white wine from Rueda with a well-balanced acidity and long, slightly bitter finish.

Our personal opinion

A remarkable value, Nisia 2017 delivers complexity and local character at an affordable price.


Nisia 2016:

Enterwine 93. Peñín 91.

Nisia 2015:

Enterwine 94. Peñín 92.

Nisia 2014:

Peñín 95.

Nisia 2013:

Peñín 95.

 Nisia 2012:

Peñín 94. Tanzer 90.

Nisia 2011:

First vintage. Peñín 95. Parker 91. Tanzer 90.

Year 2017
Type White
D.O. Rueda
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 8-10ºC
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 8
Enterwine's Score 93
Media rating 93
Mono-Varietal Verdejo
Pairings Baked whitefish, bluefish, Cod, Curred fish, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Rice with fish, Soup and rice, Specialty Spanish prosciutto , Stew
Taste Complex and Elegant, Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion A special occasion, Appetizer, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Romantic Dinner, To bring to an engagement
3 Reviews
Among my favorite Verdellos. I can't wait for the summer to begin...
Review by (Posted on 12 June 2018)
Crisp, delicately bitter, yummy!!
Review by (Posted on 16 September 2017)
Sense títol
We receive a good quality service
Review by (Posted on 26 May 2016)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star