Offer

White Wine Nisia 2018

Varietal Verdejo from Rueda. Fermented and aged for 8 months on lees in in steel tanks and French oak barrels.
On lees. 8 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 13.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Rueda
Grapes Varieties: Verdejo,
Wineries: Bodegas Ordóñez
ñ 92 93 92

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: €9.30

Special Price €8.60

Product Description
Details

This is the new vintage of Nisia, an interesting example of the Verdejo grape crafted by Bodegas Ordóñez. The 2018 vintage, incidentally, was a "Very Good" one.

It is made from old vines located at an altitude of 950 metres above sea level. Soils are composed of sand and rocks and have extremely low levels of organic matter.

Manually harvested and selected both at the vineyard and in the cellar, 40% of this Verdejo from Rueda was fermented in stainless steel tanks, where it was also aged for 8 months on its lees. The remaining 60% of this white wine from Rueda was fermented in French oak barrels and aged on its lees for the same time with periodic stirrings.

Finally, Nisia 2018 was blended and further aged for a brief period of time prior to its bottling.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The white wine Nisia has a clean, bright, pale yellow colour with golden tinges.

Nose

Well-defined and seductive, this Verdejo white wine shows some primary aromas of white and yellow fruit and aromatic herbs, with some touches of tropical fruit and a bitter note.

Palate

This old-vines Verdejo is intense and creamy, evoking notions of exotic fruit and yellow fruit, some mineral undertones and remembrances of aromatic herbs. This wine of Bodegas Ordóñez has a well-balanced acidity and long, slightly bitter finish.

Our personal opinion

A remarkable value, Nisia 2018 delivers complexity and local character at an affordable price.

OTHER VINTAGES

Nisia 2017:

Enterwine 93.

Nisia 2016:

Enterwine 93. Peñín 91.

Nisia 2015:

Enterwine 94. Peñín 92.

Nisia 2014:

Peñín 95.

Nisia 2013:

Peñín 95.

 Nisia 2012:

Peñín 94. Tanzer 90.

Nisia 2011:

First vintage. Peñín 95. Parker 91. Tanzer 90.

Year 2018
Type White
D.O. Rueda
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 8-10ºC
Ageing On lees
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 8
Peñin Score 92
Enterwine's Score 93
Media rating 92
Mono-Varietal Verdejo
Pairings Baked whitefish, bluefish, Cod, Curred fish, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Rice with fish, Soup and rice, Specialty Spanish prosciutto , Stew
Taste Complex and Elegant, Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion A special occasion, Appetizer, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Romantic Dinner, To bring to an engagement
Reviews
3 Reviews
verdejo
Value
Among my favorite Verdellos. I can't wait for the summer to begin...
Review by (Posted on 12 June 2018)
Nis
Value
Crisp, delicately bitter, yummy!!
Review by (Posted on 16 September 2017)
Sense títol
Value
We receive a good quality service
Review by (Posted on 26 May 2016)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value