White Wine Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2019

Crianza white wine from Rías Baixas. Varietal Albariño aged for 7 months in tanks and for 16 months in the bottle.
Crianza. 7 Months in tanks
Percentage of Alcohol: 13º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Rías Baixas
Grapes Varieties: Albariño,
Wineries: Pazo de Barrantes
ñ 93 94 94

Availability: In stock

€34.30
Product Description
Details

The white wine Pazo Barrantes Albariño is named after the Pazo de Barrantes estate, which comprises 12 hectares of Albariño vines grown in sandy soils. Incidentally, Pazo Barrantes is the Galician branch of the Marqués de Murrieta winery.

The estate is located in Val do Salnés, in the province of Pontevedra, DO Rías Baixas. Some of Spain's best Albariños are produced in the area.

The grapes were manually harvested, destemmed, gently crushed and fermented in stainless steel tanks.

After that, Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2019 was aged for 2 months on its lees to enhance its creaminess and complexity. Then the wine was racked and 85% of it was aged for 7 months in the tanks; the other 15% was aged in Acacia barrels for the same period of time.

Finally, this Crianza white wine was bottled and aged for a further 16 months before its release.

Aerate this Spanish white wine for some time before drinking.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The wine Pazo Barrantes Albariño is medium yellow with some greenish tinges.

Nose

This lively Albariño from Rías Baixas is exuberant and refined. Fragrant notes of ripe pears, white rose petals, pomelo and fresh pineapple. On the background, this white wine aged on lees suggests aromas of menthol, eucalyptus and some mineral undertones.

Palate

This white wine from Pazo Barrantes is fresh and expansive, with a creamy body, a well-balanced acidity and a complex palate that shows a remarkable potential for improvement. Tense acidity and long, rich, inviting finish.

Our personal opinion

The white wine Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2019 is intense, expressive and satisfying. It will pair excellently with seafood, fish dishes and white meat.

OTHER VINTAGES

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2018:

Enterwine 91. Parker 91/91+. Guía Peñín 93. Decanter 90. J. Suckling 93.

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2017:

Enterwine 92. Peñín 93.

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2016:

5 months on lees. Enterwine 92. Parker 94. Peñín 94.

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2015:

Parker 90. Peñín 91. Enterwine 92.

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2014:

Peñín 91.

Pazo Barrantes Albariño 2013:

Peñín 92.

Year 2019
Type White
D.O. Rías Baixas
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 9-11ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 10 minutes before serving
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in tanks
Number of months aged in Barrels 7
Peñin Score 93
Enterwine's Score 94
Media rating 94
Other guides J. Suckling 92.
Mono-Varietal Albariño
Pairings Aperitif, bluefish, Cow´s cheese, Curred fish, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Light hors d´oeuvres, Oysters, Rice with fish, Roasted fish, Smoked foods, Sushi, Whitefish salads
Taste Dry and aromatic, Fresh and dry, Silky and intense
Occasion Aperitif, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Reunion with colleagues, Romantic Dinner
Reviews
1 Review
albarino
Value
This accompanied marvelously a very long meal of Japanese food. We were all a bunch of sushi buffs and we all agreed that the pairing was perfect.
Review by (Posted on 18 January 2018)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value