White Wine Suertes del Marqués Trenzado 2020

White wine from Valle de la Orotava (Tenerife). Blend of Listán Blanco, Pedro Ximénez and other white varieties aged for 9 months in concrete diposits and French oak barrels.

Crianza. 9 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 12.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
93 93

Availability: In stock

€17.90
Product Description
Details

Produced by bodega Suertes del Marqués, Suertes del Marqués Trenzado is a very interesting Spanish white wine from DO Valle de la Orotava, Tenerife. This is one of the most interesting wine producing regions in the Canary Islands.

It is made basically from Listán Blanco, with a 6% of Pedro Ximénez and a 4% of other white varieties. 

The grapes were sourced from vines trained with the traditional cordón trenzado system (an expression which literally means "braided cord"). Located at 300 to 500 metres above sea level, the ungrafted vines, some of which are over 100 years of age, grow in deeply mineral soils of volcanic origin.

Hand-harvested, the grapes were selected on site, selected again on arriving at the cellar, and gently pressed. Then the wine must was fermented in stainless steel tanks, used French oak barrels and 4,500-litre vats with native yeasts. After that, 80% of the white wine Suertes del Marqués Trenzado 2020 was aged in barrels and 4,500-litre vats, and the other 20% was aged in concrete diposits.

This unique Crianza white wine will pair excellently with fish and rice recipes, roasted chicken, pork dishes and sauteed vegetables.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The white wine Suertes del Marqués Trenzado is straw yellow with some greenish reflections. 

Nose

This blend of Listán Blanco, Pedro Ximénez and other white varieties is reduced and somewhat austere. Earthy and stony, with remembrances of bitter herbs and dim spicy notions. Very original, with a Sherry / Jura-like note.

Palate

Again, this wine from bodega Suertes del Marqués is more about texture and soil than about fruit. Still young, it nonetheless shows an incipient complexity, which will need some time to unfurl. Deeply mineral, with an electric acidity, loads of inner energy and a very long, vibrant finish.

Our personal opinion

The lovers of uncompromisingly terroir-driven wines should definitely try Suertes del Marqués Trenzado 2020.

Year 2020
Type White
D.O. Valle de la Orotava
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 8-10ºC
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 9
Enterwine's Score 93
Media rating 93
Percentage of variety Listan Blanco 90%, Pedro Ximénez 6%, otras variedades blancas 4%.
Pairings Baked whitefish, bluefish, Boullabaise, Cod, Cow´s cheese, Curred fish, Fish and gravey, Grilled fish, Grilled vegitables, Grilled whitefish, Pasta with fish, Rice with fish, Roasted chicken, Roasted white meats, Sautéed vegitables, Smoked foods, Soft cheeses, Soup and rice, Stew, White meat with gravy, Whitefish salads
Taste Fresh and dry, Fruity and Fresh, Silky and intense
Occasion A special occasion, Because you can, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Romantic Dinner, To bring to an engagement
Reviews
1 Review
terrific wine
Value
Another great wine from Tenerife, kind of a cross between Riesling and Jerez. Terrific. Just keep'em coming!
Review by (Posted on 1 July 2021)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value