Red Wine Zarihs Borsao 2019

Crianza red wine from Campo de Borja. Varietal Syrah aged for 12 months in steel tanks and American oak barrels.

Crianza. 12 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 15º
Bottle size: 75 cl
Grapes Varieties: Syrah,
Wineries: Bodegas Borsao
93 93

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: €13.50

Special Price €12.05

Product Description

A varietal Syrah -"Zarihs" is "Shiraz" spelled backwards- Zarihs Borsao is produced from estate vineyards located on the foothills of the Moncayo mountain range, at an altitude of 650 metres above sea level, in DO Campo de Borja

The hand-harvested grapes were partially destemmed and cold-macerated for 4-5 days. After that, this Spanish red wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks for 15 to 20 days under controlled temperature.

Then a 60% of the red wine Zarihs Borsao 2019 was aged in the tanks for 12 months, and the other 40% was aged in American oak barrels for the same amount of time. Finally, this red wine from Campo de Borja was blended and bottled.

This is a smooth, easy-to-drink Crianza red wine. 

Additional Information
Additional Information

The red wine Zarihs Borsao is medium purple with a maroon rim. 


Aromas of cassis, blackberries and black chocolate, with some smokey, earthy and spicy nuances. This varietal Syrah is complex and inviting.


Smooth-bodied, fruit-driven and fresh, this wine wine from Bodegas Borsao has plush tannins and a lively acidity. Long finish with remembrances of blue flowers, spices and black fruit.

Our personal opinion

The red wine Zarihs Borsao 2019 is a must-drink for Syrah lovers.


Zarihs Borsao 2018:

Enterwine 93. Peñín 91.

Zarihs Borsao 2017:

Enterwine 92. Guía Peñín 91.

Year 2019
Type Red
D.O. Campo de Borja
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 16-18ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 20 minutes before serving
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 12
Enterwine's Score 93
Media rating 93
Mono-Varietal Syrah
Pairings Birds, Bull meat, Game animals, Grilled lamb, Grilled red meats, Hamburgers , Meat and vegitables, Mushrooms, Rice with meat, Roasted foods, Roasted lamb, Roasted lamb ribs, Roasted pork, Roasted red meats, Rosted piglet, Specialty plates, Stews, Vegetables
Taste Complex and Elegant, Lively and Fresh, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Reunion with colleagues, Romantic Dinner
1 Review
Similar to an Australian Shiraz, with intense berryish flavours and an earthy touch.
Review by (Posted on 16 November 2022)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star