(0)

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Previous

Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2018

Availability: In stock

€7.85

Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2018

Characteristics

  • On lees. 3 Months in distinct containers
  • Bottle size:
  • 75 cl
  • Percentage of Alcohol:
  • 13

Score

91
Enterwine Score 91
91
Media rating 91

Availability: In stock

€7.85
-+

Details

Produced by the Soto y Manrique winery, this Spanish white wine aims to present a different facet of the Verdejo grape.

The origin of Tinita Viñas de Verdejo are some old vines planted in sandy-clay soils, at an altitude around 800 metres above sea level.

Harvested by hand and cold-soaked for 10 hours, the grapes were crushed and then 35% of the wine must was fermented in oak barrels, while the remaining 65% completed the process in stainless steel tanks.

Then both portions of this Verdejo white wine from DO Rueda were aged for 3 months in the same containers with periodic stirrings.

Finally, Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2018 was blended, bottled, and left to rest for several weeks.

Drink over the next 2 years.

Additional Information

Appearance

The white wine Tinita Viñas de Verdejo has an elegant, straw yellow colour with some greenish tinges.

Nose

Exhibiting a surprising richness, this Verdejo from Rueda first suggests some intense aromas of fennel, aniseed, bitter herbs and balsam, combined with delicate notes of yellow fruit and tropical fruit.

Palate

Unctuous and gentle, this white wine by Soto y Manrique is enlivened by a refreshing acidity and a gently bitter character, Verdejo's trademark. Suggestions of aromatic herbs, white fruit, hay and citrus. Long, pleasant finish.

Our personal opinion

A textured, suggestive wine, Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2018 pairs well with rice dishes and soft cheeses.

OTHER VINTAGES

Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2017:

Enterwine 91. Parker 91.

Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2016:

Enterwine 91.

Tinita Viñas de Verdejo 2015:

Parker 90. Enterwine 90.

Year 2018
Type White
D.O. Rueda
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 7-9ºC
Should this wine be decanted? No
Does this wine follow the guidelines of biodynamic Farming? No
Organic No
Is this product free of sulfites? No
Ageing On lees
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 3
Parker Score No
Peñin Score No
Our Score 91
Media rating 91
Other guides No
Name of Award No
Mono-Varietal Verdejo
Percentage of variety No
Pairings Alone, Aperitif, bluefish, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Pasta with fish, Rice with fish, Roasted fish, Roasted white meats, Salads with lite seasonings, Smoked foods, Soft pasta cheese
Taste Dry and aromatic, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Aperitif, Appetizer, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Reunion with colleagues, Romantic Dinner
  1. tinita review by Cascais on 7/20/2018
    Value

    One of my top-three Verdellos, that's for sure!!!

  2. Tinita review by Nancy Logan on 9/5/2017
    Value

    This wine always causes trouble when my friends are around, because everybody likes it so much that I run out of bottles too soon!

Write Your Own Review

How do you rate this product? *

  1 star 2 stars 3 stars 4 stars 5 stars
Value