Bodegas Altanza

Bodegas Altanza

In their majestic facilities, the Bodegas Altanza winery is a symbol of the viniculture tradition of the Rioja, Spain, with their long-aged wines.

The Bodegas Altanza winery was founded in 1998 with the goal of providing high quality Rioja wines for the entire world to enjoy. For this reason, the Altanza winery only produces Reserve and Grand Reserve wines from their facilities in the Fuenayor region of the Rioja. This winery crafts their wines with the newest winemaking technologies for production, ageing, and preserving their wines, while simultaneously preserving the grand tradition of winemaking in this region. The Bodegas Altanza is able to maintain this tradition in part by the architectural design and construction materials used in their winery, and also by using the native Tempranillo as a base for their wines. These wines begin their vinification process with vertical pressing in wooden vats to achieve the high quality now expected from the Bodegas Altanza winery.

The Bodegas Altanza winery has 200 hectares of their own grapevines which provide for a total of 60% of this winery´s grapes. The other 40% of their grapes come from very well trusted vineyards that follow all of the guidelines required by the high standards of this winery. In every case, the grapes used in Altanza wines are organically cultivated with the maximum respect to the environment through care, maintenance, and sustainable grape cultivation.   

All of the wines by the Bodegas Altanza winery of the Rioja are crianza aged in cellar with 8,500 Bordeaux style oak barrels of 225 Liters (70 US gallons). Of these barrels 90% are French and 10% are American. These barrels rotate with wine vintages and no barrels are aged longer than five years.

One of Bodegas Altanza winery´s well-known red wines is Lealtanza Reserva, which is a single varietal Tempranillo wine that has been aged in French oak barrels for 18 months with an additional 12 months ageing in its bottle. This Spanish red wine from the Rioja has complex aromatics with a good intensity and pure expression of Tempranillo along with French oak barrel notes. This wine has a meat palate that is silky, fruity, well-balanced, well-structured, and powerful.

  • Founded in: 1998
  • Address of Winery: Carretera Nacional 232 - km      419,5
  • City: Fuenmayor
  • Province: La Rioja
  • Postal Code: 26360
  • Country: Spain
  • Phone Number: (+34) 941 450 860 
  • Does this winery offer guided tours? No
  • Does this winery offer tourist services?  No


Denomination of Origen:


Grape Varietales:

Tempranillo Sauvignon Blanc Viura

2 Item(s)

2 Item(s)