Red Wine Dido La Universal 2021

Organic red wine from Montsant. Blend of 4 varieties aged for 14-16 months in concrete vats and oak barrels.
Crianza. 14-16 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 13º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Montsant
Wineries: Venus La Universal
92 92

Availability: In stock

Product Description

This the new vintage of Dido La Universal, produced by Venus La Universal. Headed by Sara Pérez and René Barbier, the winery has 10 hectares of vineyards near Falset, DO Montsant.

As usual, the Grenache is the backbone of this Spanish red wine, complemented with a 20% of Syrah and lesser amounts of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. The vines grow in soils composed of sauló, a type of sand of granitic origin.

The grapes were brought to the cellar, cold-soaked and fermented in concrete vats. Then, in order to preserve the exceptional quality of the fruit, 60% of Dido la Universal 2021 was aged for 14-16 months in concrete vats, while the remaining 40% was aged in barrels of different sizes.

Aerate this red wine from Montsant 30 minutes before drinking.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The organic red wine Dido La Universal is pale purple with some ruby tinges and a garnet rim,


An ode to freshness, this blend of Grenache, Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon suggests juicy notes of cranberries, raspberries and blackberries, hints of dry herbs, spices and flowers, and some touches of Mediterranean undergrowth and crushed rocks. 


This wine of bodega Venus La Universal is lithe and pithy, with wild berries, dry herbs and some ripe tannins. This Crianza red wine has a crisp acidity and a medium finish with an aftertaste of dry earth and garrigue.

Our personal opinion

Fresher than ever, Dido La Universal 2021 is an unguilty plesaure.


Dido La Universal 2020:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93.

Dido La Universal 2019:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93. Peñín 93.

Dido La Universal 2018:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93+. Peñín 92.

Dido La Universal 2017:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93+. Peñín 92.

Dido La Universal 2016:

Aged for 16 months. Enterwine 92. Parker 93. Peñín 91.

Dido La Universal 2015:

Enterwine 93. Peñín 92.

Dido La Universal 2014:

Parker 92. Peñín 93.

Dido La Universal 2013:

Parker 93 and Peñín 93.

Year 2021
Type Red
D.O. Montsant
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 15-17ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 30 minutes before serving
Organic Yes
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 14-16
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 92
Percentage of variety Garnacha Tinta 70%, Syrah 20%, Merlot 5%, Cabernet Sauvignon 5%.
Pairings Aperitif, Bull meat, Chocolate, Cold meats, Duck, Grilled vegitables, Mushrooms, Paté, Pica Pica, Roasted red meats, semi-curred cheese, Smoked foods, Specialty Spanish prosciutto , Steak Tartare, Stew
Taste Complex and Elegant, Fruity and Fresh, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Aperitif, Appetizer, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion
3 Reviews
Flirting with the so-called "natural wine" approach, it has much more precision and definition. Excellent wine.
Review by (Posted on 6 March 2019)
Montsant in a bottle. Excellent wine!!
Review by (Posted on 11 April 2018)
red wine universal
This is the younger sibling of the impressive Venus. I have the impression that the winemakers have been increasingly embracing the "less is more" philosophy over the last years, because the wine seems more immediate, pure and straightforward every year. Difficult to find something better for this price.
Review by (Posted on 29 October 2017)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star