Red Wine 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2020

Red wine from Tenerife. Blend of Listán Negro and Tintilla de Rota aged for 10 months in concrete diposits and French oak barrels.
Crianza. 10 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 12.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
Grapes Varieties: Listán Negro, Tintilla de Rota,
P 93 92 93

Availability: In stock

Product Description

This is the new vintage of 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa, an absolutely stunning value from Tenerife, in the Canary Islands, a wine region that seems to be entering a Golden Age.

Produced by Suertes del Marqués, this radically indigenous Spanish red wine is made from 90% Listán negro and 10% Castellana Negra, aka Tintilla de Rota, one of the many native varieties of the region, fortunately recovered for the production of fine wines.

The vineyards are situated in Valle de la Orotava, at altitudes between 300 and 700 metres above sea level, in the beautiful island of Tenerife.

Carefully harvested, most of the grapes completed alcoholic and malolactic fermentations in concrete tanks with indigenous yeasts. Then a 70% of this Crianza red wine was kept in the tanks, and the other 30% was transferred into 500-litre French oak barrels. Both were aged for 10 months.

Finally, 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2020 was aged for a further 6 months in the bottle.

Aerate this red wine from Tenerife 30 minutes before drinking.

56,000 bottles produced.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The red wine 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa is medium ruby with a reddish rim.


Electric and extremely lively, this blend of Listán Negro and Castellana Negra suggests aromas of red fruit and liquorice, with some vegetal and spicy nuances, and notes of aromatic herbs. On the background, there is a distinctive, deep, dark mineral remembrance coming from the volcanic terroir.


Refreshing, crisp and intense, with intense mineral notions, notes of wild berries and spices, wild plants and flowers. This red wine of bodega Suertes del Marqués is still quite young, with some room for growth. Slim tannins, tense acidity and a long finish with a remembrance of pumice stone.

Our personal opinion

An astounding value, 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2020 is reminiscent of Sicily's Mount Etna and also Aglianico del Vulture wines.


Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2019:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93/93+.

Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2018:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93.

Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2017:

Blend of Listán Negro and Castellana Negra. Enterwine 92. Guía Peñín 92.

Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes Vino de Villa 2015:

Listán Negro and Tintilla. Enterwine 91. Parker 92+.

Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes 2014:

Parker 92. Enterwine 91. Peñín 89.

Suertes del Marqués 7 Fuentes 2013:

Parker 92.

Year 2020
Type Red
D.O. Valle de la Orotava
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 15-17ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 30 minutes before serving
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 10
Parker's Score 93
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 93
Percentage of variety Listán Negro 95%, Castellana Negra 10%.
Pairings Bull meat, Chocolate, Cold meats, Grilled lamb, Grilled red meats, Grilled white meats, Meat and vegitables, Mushrooms, Rice with meat, Roasted foods, Roasted lamb ribs, Roasted pork, Roasted red meats, Roasted turkey, Specialty plates, Stews, Vegetables, Vegitables sauces
Taste Complex and Elegant, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion A special occasion, Business dinner, Dinner with friends
2 Reviews
I had this wine for the first time at Del Mar Restaurant in Washington D.C.. It was surprisingly smooth for a smokey wine. The Smokey flavor was not overpowering and it paired well with the seafood tapas we enjoyed.
Review by (Posted on 27 February 2018)
This is a smooooth, smokey wine. Fresh and easy to drink, I compare it with some Sicilian Etna reds. In any case, an excellent wine indeed.
Review by (Posted on 2 November 2017)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star