White Wine La del Vivo 2021

Crianza white wine from El Bierzo. Blend of Godello and Doña Blanca aged for 12 months in French oak barrels.

Crianza. 12 Months in French oak barrels
Percentage of Alcohol: 13.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
D.O.: Bierzo
Grapes Varieties: Doña White, Godello,
Wineries: Raúl Pérez
P 95/95+ 94 95

Availability: In stock

Product Description

One of the bottlings of the La Vizcaína collection, La del Vivo is the result of the collaboration between the one and only Raúl Pérez and César Márquez, a rising star winemaker from El Bierzo.

A blend of Godello and Doña Blanca, this Spanish white wine was produced from vineyards located in Valtuille de Abajo, the hometown of Raúl Pérez, in the very heart of DO El Bierzo.

Harvested by hand, 80% of the grapes underwent a whole-bunch spontaneous fermentation in open wooden vats with no temperature control. The remaining 20% was fermented in clay vessels (tinajas) for 12 months.

After that, the white wine La del Vivo 2021 was transferred into 225 and 500-litre French oak barrels and aged for 12 months. It was bottled unfined.

Terroir-transparent and expressive, this Crianza white wine from El Bierzo will pair excellently with white meat dishes, fish recipes and creamy cheeses.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The white wine La del Vivo is medium straw with some greenish tinges.


Aromas of dry fruit, ripe comice pears, lime and white flowers define this blend of Godello and Doña Blanca. As it breathes, the mineral background becomes ever more noticeable.


This wine of Raúl Pérez is fresh and captivating. Zesty and taut, with a seamless combination of savouriness, nuance and intrincacy. Long finish with some mineral and spicy remembrances.

Our personal opinion

Elegant and savoury, La del Vivo 2021 is noteworthy white wine that should evolve nicely in the bottle.


La del Vivo 2019:

Enterwine 94.

La del Vivo 2018:

Parker 95.

Year 2021
Type White
D.O. Bierzo
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 8-10ºC
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in French oak barrels
Number of months aged in Barrels 12
Parker's Score 95/95+
Enterwine's Score 94
Media rating 95
Percentage of variety Godello, Doña Blanca.
Pairings Alone, Aperitif, Baked whitefish, bluefish, Fish and vegitables, Grilled fish, Grilled whitefish, Oysters, Pasta with fish, Poultry, Rice with fish, Roasted foods, Smoked foods, Soft cheeses, Soft pasta cheese, White meat with gravy
Taste Fresh and dry, Fruity and Fresh, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Aperitif, Because you can, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Romantic Dinner
1 Review
Subtle, deep and complex. Great potential.
Review by (Posted on 29 June 2021)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star