Red Wine Rendé Masdéu Arnau Syrah 2021

Organic red wine from Conca de Barberà. Varietal Syrah aged for 12 months in French and American oak barrels.

Crianza. 12 Months in French and American oak barrels
Percentage of Alcohol: 13º
Bottle size: 75 cl
Grapes Varieties: Syrah,
Wineries: Rendé Masdéu
92 92

Availability: In stock

Product Description

Produced by bodega Rendé Masdéu, the wine Rendé Masdéu Arnau is an interesting Spanish red wine coming from an area of DO Conca de Barberà, southern Catalonia, which shares some characteristics with the neighbouring Priorat. 

This varietal organic red wine is sourced from Syrah vines, 25 years old on average, located near the Protected Natural Space of Muntanyes de Prades and grown in llicorella (slate) soils which impart a distinctively mineral vibe to the wine.

Hand-picked in 15 kg boxes and fully destemmed, 85% of the grapes were fermented under controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks, and the other 15% was macerated and fermented in oak barrels.

After that, the red wine Rendé Masdéu Arnau Syrah 2021 was aged for 12 monts in French and American oak barrels.

Finally, this Crianza red wine was kept in the cellar for some months before being commercially released.

Decant this red wine from Conca de Barberà 30 minutes before drinking.

Pair with casseroles, roast recipes and game dishes.

Additional Information
Additional Information

The red wine Rendé Masdéu Arnau Syrah is deep ruby with a reddish hue on the rim.


This varietal Syrah has a deeply mineral and smokey quality, with aromas of liqueur de cassis, blueberry pie and bitter cocoa, nuanced by a dash of clove and cinnamon and a dash of flowers and herbs.


This wine of bodega Rendé Masdéu is lush and textured, with a vertical acidity, lots of energy, grainy tannins and delicious ripe black fruit, underscored by some smokey and floral notes. Long mineral finish.

Our personal opinion

The flavourful red wine Rendé Masdéu Arnau Syrah 2021 is an uncommonly mineral and phenomenally priced Syrah.


Rendé Masdéu Arnau Syrah 2020:

Enterwine 93.

Year 2021
Type Red
D.O. Conca de Barberà
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 15-17ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 30 minutes before serving
Organic Yes
Ageing Crianza
Type of ageing Months in French and American oak barrels
Number of months aged in Barrels 12
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 92
Mono-Varietal Syrah
Pairings Cow´s cheese, Cured cheeses, Game animals, Grilled lamb, Hamburgers , Pasta with red sauce and meat, Red meat with gravy, Roasted lamb ribs, Roasted red meats, Stews
Taste Tasty with barrel notes, Very intense and inky
Occasion Barbecue, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, To bring to an engagement
1 Review
Good Syrah, amazingly priced
Nice super ripe fruit with killer acidity and some slate-shale notes. The price is incredible, considering the rising cost of living.
Review by (Posted on 19 April 2023)
Write a review
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star