Red Wine Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2019

Crianza red wine from Valle de la Orotava (Tenerife). Blend of Listán Negro, Castellana Negra and Vijariego Negro aged for 9 months in oak vats and concrete diposits.

On lees. 9 Months in distinct containers
Percentage of Alcohol: 12.5º
Bottle size: 75 cl
92 92

Availability: In stock

€13.50
Product Description
Details

The composition of El Lance 7 Fuentes changes slightly every year, depending on the characteristics of the vintage.

The 2019 vintage of this Spanish red wine from the Canary Islands is made from 60% Listán Negro, 25% Castellana Negra and 15% Vijariego Negro.

The vines are 10 to 150 years old, and they are located at altitudes between 300 and 650 metres above sea level. They grow in purely volcanic soils in DO Valle de la Orotava, a factor that brings an exceptionally mineral character to the wine.

Produced by Suertes del Marqués, the grapes were separately harvested and vinified in little concrete vats and open cubes. Then 80% of this Crianza red wine was transferred into 500-litre oak vats, where it went through malolactic fermentation and was aged for 9 months on lees. The other 20% completed the same process in the concrete vats.

Finally, Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2019 was blended, and bottled unfiltered.

Additional Information
Additional Information
Appearance

The red wine Suertes del Marqués El Lance is pale purple with a bluish rim.

Nose

This blend of Listán Negro, Vijariego Negro and Castellana Negra is simply compelling. Well-defined fruit aromas, extremely pure and seductive, alongside notes of aromatic herbs, toast and spices. There is an ever-present, very original mineral background reminiscent of pumice stone.

Palate

Again, wonderfully original, crisp and fresh. Deep mineral nuances and a fascinating overall profile. There are also remembrances of red fruit, combined with aromatic herbs, vegetables and balsam. This wine from bodega Suertes del Marqués has an excellent acidity and a long, mineral finish.

Our personal opinion

Complex and elegant, Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2019 will surprise even the most blasé drinkers. Think of an Etna Rosso Nerello Mascalese and you'll get the idea.

OTHER VINTAGES

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2018:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93/93+.

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2017:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93.

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2016:

Enterwine 92. Parker 93.

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2015:

Peñín 91. Enterwine 92.

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2014:

Parker 93.

Suertes del Marqués El Lance 2012;

Varietal Listán Negro. Parker 91, Peñín 91.

Year 2019
Type Red
D.O. Valle de la Orotava
Bottle size 75 cl
Serving tempurature 15-17ºC
Should this wine be decanted? 30 minutes before serving
Ageing On lees
Type of ageing Months in distinct containers
Number of months aged in Barrels 9
Enterwine's Score 92
Media rating 92
Percentage of variety Listán Negro 60%, Castellana Negra 25%, Vijariego Negro 15%.
Pairings Bull meat, Cold meats, Grilled red meats, Grilled vegitables, Poultry, Rice with meat, Roasted foods, Roasted lamb ribs, Roasted pork, Roasted red meats, Roasted turkey, Specialty plates, Steak Tartare, Stews, Vegetables, White meat with gravy
Taste Complex and Elegant, Silky and intense, Tasty with barrel notes
Occasion Barbecue, Business dinner, Dinner with friends, Family reunion, Romantic Dinner
Reviews
2 Reviews
canary wines
Value
The Canary Islands are the next Xanadu of fine wines. There are many proofs. This is one.
Review by (Posted on 23 August 2018)
red wine
Value
This wine made me think of an Etna Rosso from Sicily. Very mineral, it is a breath of fresh air after so many mass-produced wines.
Review by (Posted on 2 August 2018)
Write a review
  •  
    1 1 star
    2 2 star
    3 3 star
    4 4 star
    5 5 star
    Value